Saturday, May 23, 2015

Movie Review: Tanu Weds Manu Returns – Spark Toh Hai!

Quite a few errors of logic, overacting here and there, an obvious ending but still Tanu Weds Manu Returns has the spark that qualifies it as a good entertainer. The audience laughed in the first half (I didn’t though) and laughed louder in the second half (well, I laughed too). This at least means that the price of the ticket has been taken care of. The movie brings out the right emotions, in adequate quantity at the right time…Well, this means that the price of popcorns and cold drinks has also been taken care of. In short, the movie is a total “paisa vasool”.

Apart from the few errors of logic, which I am okay forgiving; there is this one flaw that I could not ignore. The flaw is, Pappi’s character desperately trying to make the audience laugh at every scene. The attempt to make every dialogue delivery by Deepak Dobriyal a punch line is that only thing that irritates the movie critique in me.

A heart touching song expressing the emotions of pain, betrayal, bereavement and anger could have been a bonus. Not only would that have enhanced the movie, it would have also ensured that we remember the movie every now and then. After all, movies fade but the music stays.

This said, all in all, the movie is definitely a good watch. This one gets a 3/5 from me.



1 comments:

  1. Thanks Niti! Now I can postpone that nap I was afraid I might have to take while watching it ;)

    ReplyDelete